Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pie




Look no further if you are a fan  of crustless chocolate chip pie. I made this for folks at my office after receiving a number of requests for baked treats. I have been a little preoccupied with life for what seems like most of this year and have been not been doing some of the things that I love dearly -  spending leisurely time in the kitchen and   nurturing this blog.

 I have been striving to have  balance in my life  and it is a work in progress. I am learning to do the best I can and embrace things that I can't change. The sky will not fall just because there is a storm for the storm will definitely pass.




This does not take much time to whip up . Soak in the comforting aroma of vanilla, sugar and chocolate that will permeate the kitchen ( I baked it in the evening). The best part - it will linger on the next morning as you get ready to welcome another blessed  day....

Chocolate Chip Pie

The toffee bits are key to this recipe, it add a little something  to the pie.

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped toffee bits
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter / 1/2 cup butter - room temperature
1 large egg
1 cup brown sugar
1 tap vanilla etract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch pie plate and set aside.

Mix flour , salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Cream butter and brown sugar till fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla extract to creamed butter mixture.  Stir in flour mixture to creamed butter. Finally add in chocolate  chips and toffee bits. Spread batter into the prepared pie plate, smooth top and bake for 30 minutes or until done.

No comments: