Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chocolate Brownie Cookies





I have many chocolate lovers in my life with varying degrees of chocolate dessert preference. And who doesn't love a good cookie ? I came across this recipe from one of my favourite website here. It is chewy and not snappish like most roll out cookie. I had most of the ingredients in my pantry,therefore  no need to make special trip to the store , a bonus this weekend when we were snowed in for almost three days.

Brownie Roll Out Cookie adapted from Smitten Kitchen
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp espresso powder
2/3 cup sifted cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk dry ingredients and set aside. Cream butter , sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and cocoa powder in a mixer.
Add flour to the creamed butter mixture and mix until well combined. Wrap dough in cling wrap and chill in the fridge for an hour.

When ready to bake, line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out dough on a floured counter. Cut into desired shapes, bake for 11 minutes for 1/4 thick cookies. The cookies will look slightly puffed and soft. Cool on rack.

1 comment:

Jeane M. said...

Those cute little things literally makes me crave to pick one and munch. Happy hearts day to you. Got my eye on your next posts.