Monday, February 9, 2009

Grilled lobster tails with lemon curry butter

Here is a wonderful recipe for grilled lobster tails that is pretty straightforward. What makes this recipe special is my luscious lemon curry butter sauce ( and that the lobster tails were on sale). I made the butter sauce a day ahead and it took only 6 minutes to get the lobster cooked and served. I served the grilled lobster tails with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli ( lightly tossed in more butter). Great for this weekend!


Grilled Lobster
Cut lobster tails in half. Season with salt and pepper. Grill halved lobster tails for 6 minutes. Serve immediately with curry butter.

Lemon Curry Butter
Lemon curry butter can be made a day ahead. Make it a few hours before grilling the lobster tails.

1/2 cup finely minced shallots
1 Tb fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp hot chili powder
1 Tb curry powder
1 stick / 1/2 cup unsalted butter -softened
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp toasted and crushed fennel seeds
chopped chives for garnish

Saute minced shallots in 2 tablespoons of butter for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat. Add in chill powder, curry powder and salt, saute for 2 minutes. Cool mixture and add to softened butter. Add in lemon juice and crushed fennel seeds. Refrigerate until ready to use. This butter can also be used for other grilled meats and vegetables.


22 comments:

MyLastBite said...

Lemon Curry Butter on Lobster... what a great idea. Thanks!

Esi said...

This looks amazing. I am hearing that lobster is a pretty good deal right now. I will have to get some!

ICook4Fun said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm I am salivating just looking at this wonderful dish :)

pigpigscorner said...

THe lemon curry butter sounds amazing...yum yum!

Peter M said...

This is wonderful on so many counts...curry for flavour/colour, the fennel speaks to the Greek in me and lemon is a must with seafood!

Debbie said...

I have never heard of lemon curry butter, but it sounds wondeful. I love curry and I bet it's great with the butter on the lobster...

Maya said...

MyLastBite - You are most welcome.

Esi - I got mine on sale!

Icook4fun - Wipe that drool off ;)

pispigcorner - the butter is versatile - good on anything!

Peter M- I went with my cravings that day..not bad!

Debbie - The sweetness of the lobster and curry flavours go very well together in this recipe.

diva said...

amazing colour!!! and so decadent i love it. i was watching Come Dine Withe Me last week and all the contestants on that series were bitching about lobster and weird it was. Craziness. Lobster's simply divine, as you have so proved with your dish. ;)

cookie said...

YUM! so hungry now!

shizuokagourmet said...

Dear Maya!
Greetings from Shizuoka, Japan!
in France we basically do the same thing with (real home-made) mayonnaise added with brandy and thyme, but your sauce has the other advantage, apart of being delicious, to be lighter!
Great pics!
Cheers,
Robert-Gilles

Jude said...

Mmm lobsters and curried butter. Somehow I feel I'm going to be disappointed with the chicken I'm about to have for dinner.

Jo said...

Hi Maya, only 2 words to say .. YUM YUM! Love it, fantastic colours and photos.

Lo said...

OY -- if there is one thing that always lures me in, it's lobster. I'm such a sucker for crustaceans.

I can just imagine how great that lemon curry butter smells!

Kathleen said...

I love lobster.


I love curry.


I love lamp. oh wait that was brick from Talledaga Nights.


Man I really should have eaten something this morning. I'll have lobster thnx!

Salt N Turmeric said...

Love the vibrant colour Maya! And those lobster tail looks good. Im sure gonna try this soon. (when the lobster on sale of course, lol)

Pam said...

This looks and sounds really fantastic. I love lobster!

Kevin said...

This looks and sounds so good. I really like the sound of the lemon curry butter.

Maya said...

Thank you all for you lovely comments!

Cynthia said...

Maya that is fantastic.

Justin said...

Now, I have no more need of taking the assistance of my neighbor in grilling the lobsters. Thank you once again!
I Buy Barbeques

Dazy said...

This recipe is really going to keep me busy in the kitchen with all its glamor. This is another must for the weekend! My kids would just hug me for this.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Yikes! That makes me hungry!!