Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Peanutty Goodness


I made Chunky Peanut butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters chosen by Proceed With Caution for TWD. This quick, drop cookie is made of oatmeal, chocolate chips, and lots of peanut butter. I used smooth peanut butter (which I bought by mistake) instead of the chunky peanut butter that was recommended by Dorie. I did not feel like running back to the store and I had to bake these cookies last week as I had company coming and may not have time to bake. The smooth peanut butter did not prove to be a disaster - I had a little panic as I carefully measured the peanut butter. I also added 1/2 cup of roasted, unsalted and chopped peanuts to the cookie dough.



A note about the oats - I used quick cooking oats ( quick cooking oats are steamed, cut finely and then rolled) for this recipe. The recipe calls for the cookie dough to be chilled prior to baking. Quite a few TWD members had problems with rock hard cookies which were baked with dough that chilled for a lengthy period in the fridge. I chilled my dough for about half an hour prior to baking. The cookies spread a bit,was chewy and moist. Brad adores oatmeal cookies - it is a family favourite, there was always a stash of it in the freezer of his parents' basement...just in case of emergencies ;-) My company left this morning ( time flies when you are having fun)- he was happy to take some to snack on the flight back home to Toronto.


The recipe is here. And if that is enough, here are more cookie recipes!
Carrot Cookies
Earl Grey & Currant Cookies
Chocolate Morsels

24 comments:

Marthe said...

Your Chipsters look very yummy, I took them all to work and have about 5 cookies left!!

My blog about the cookies will be up later tonight as I'm at work at the moment (taking a short coffee break to look at all my fellow TWD-bloggers) and have a birthday later tonight.

Lori said...

your cookies are really beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Mmmm, these look gorgeous! Look at that melted chocolate.

HoneyB said...

They look great! Do you think the quick oats made a difference in the texture?

Prudy said...

Great idea to chill for 1/2 hour only. What a great traveling snack for your company.

n.o.e said...

Nice chipsters! I'm intrigued by your other cookie recipes; I think the Earl Gray/currant ones are calling to me. How many currants did you put in? Great blog!
Nancy

kim said...

yum, your cookies look great! glad to know that the quick oats worked ok. love your photos!

Teanna said...

What a nice snack to bring on a flight! I'd have taken all 60!

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing you got them out of the house before I found the rest of them....B

The DeL Sisters said...

I lvoe your pictures!

Maria said...

These look fabulous!! And I love the dimply plum cake!

Delicioso Mama said...

oh. Well. I wasn't GOING to make these, but yours look so good, I may give them a whirl later next week..when I can find a few minutes to play in the kitchen. I have nominated you for an award..check my blog for the how-to's...http://mamascucina.blogspot.com/

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

I'm so glad that we've been on a cookie bender with TWD, it's definitely improving my cookie skills!

Cakespy said...

Oh wow, those look crazy delicious!! I can practically smell their yumminess from this pic!

Kevin said...

Those cookies look really good! With chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal you just can't go wrong!

Lo said...

OOOh. Love these.
I almost always add oatmeal to my chocolate chippers. But, peanut butter is a great addition too!!

Jaime said...

your cookies look great!

Madam Chow said...

Those look like they turned out great. I chilled my dough for about 2 hours, and it was perfect.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow looks awesome.

Kate / Kajal said...

ooh these look devilishly good. can i have one please.

Maya said...

marthe - good luck!
lori - thank you.
rebecca - should have added a bit more chocolate chips ;)
honeyb - I did not notice much of a difference.

prudy - yes, it was very handy to have it around the house. The timing could not have been any better!
N.O.E - I think it has half a cup of currants. The currants really gives is a different flavour compared to raisins.
kim - Thank you!!!
teanna- I have been known to take cookies instead of something healthier when I fly. No guilt at all!

Maya said...

del sisters &maria - thank you!!
delicioso mama - thank you so much for the award.
mevrouw cupcake - good to see you back in business :)
cakespy and kevin - I ADORe peanut butter.
lo& jaime - you are too kind!

Maya said...

kate - thanks for stopping by!
kitchen flavours - thanks!!

Anonymous said...

They were good!