Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beautiful Berries

TWD this week is Blueberry Sourcream Ice cream, chosen by Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity.
A week ago I did not own an ice cream maker and had baked Dorie's plum cake ( which turned out quite nicely). Then Brad and I went stopped at a store in Rhineback, New York on our way to attend C & J's wedding and found a cheap ice cream maker. I was not keen in getting an expensive ice cream maker because I am not sure if I would use it often it to justify the expense.


We stopped at a farmer's market on our way back from the wedding on Sunday and bought a few pints of blueberries. I have always liked blueberries and usually have some in the freezer for smoothies. This is a bit more sinful than your virtous smoothies ( and all the ice cream is GONE!!). The recipe is easy enough - cook the berries with sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest till the fruits pop, cool and let the ice cream maker do its magic.


The ice cream was wonderful - it was creamy and fruity. And I think I will be using the ice cream maker again this week :) The recipe can be found here.

29 comments:

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy said...

Your ice cream turned out great! The photos are lovely. Mine didn't last long either. ;)

Teanna said...

Haha I'm glad you are an ice cream maker convert! It's addicting! Your ice cream looks wonderful!

Christine said...

Your ice cream came out perfect!

Lori said...

your photography is beautiful!

Maya said...

stckygooeycreamychewy - I want to make more of it!

teanna - I am glad that I got an ice cream maker, I have it in the freezer right now so that it is ready to go when inspirations strikes!

christine - thank you!

lori - thanks Lori!

Engineer Baker said...

Those are just beautiful scoops. Glad you liked it so much.

Erin said...

Your ice cream looks beautiful! The color is so pretty and I love your photos.

Kelly H said...

I really liked this ice cream, too. We're past our blueberry season, so I missed the really plump, sweet ones.

Susie Homemaker said...

You aren't kidding with the title - these photos are GREAT! You should submit to tastespotting for sure!

Rebecca said...

These photos are ridiculously gorgeous. Wow.

Brilynn said...

I love all of Dorie's ice creams. I made this one last summer and I definitely need to repeat it.

bakingwiththeboys said...

That ice cream maker was calling your name. Looks great.

BETTYISAWESOME said...

It turned out beautifully! :D Good job.

Lynnylu said...

Very pretty scoops of ice cream and lovely photos.

The DeL Sisters said...

Great pictures! Gald you liked it so much!

Pamela said...

Looks delicious and sounds like you guys really enjoyed it! That's always a plus. Enjoy the ice cream maker.

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

Beautiful pictures!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks wonderful--hooray for a new ice cream maker!

Jude said...

I love the texture on your ice cream. Beautiful pics and results.

Maya said...

engineer baker - those scoops of ice cream sure went fast!

erin - thank you!

kelly h - I eat as much berries as I can now that they are in season here.

susie homemaker - Thanks :)

Rebecca - thank you for the wonderful compliment!

Maya said...

brilynn - I ma hooked to this one.

bakingwiththeboys - you are right, and I was not even looking!

bettyisawesome, del sister and lynnlu - thank you!

pamela - Brad has all the recipes he wants to try. I will be using it lots, thats for sure!

mevrouw cupcake - thanks!!!

Maya said...

steph - yup!

jude - thank you for the compliment :)

Jules Someone said...

I use my ice cream maker weekly. Love it! Glad you enjoyed the treat.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Amazing photography. Nice blog. Love the ice cream.

Sharon said...

Great photos! Loved this recipe.

FoodyGuru (Srimathi) said...

Yummy icecream that I would love to try out. You are granted awards just for this.Check out my site

Hannah said...

Beautiful photos, this ice cream looks so good! I can't wait to see what you whip out for the contest. :)

Kevin said...

That ice cream looks so good!

Maya said...

julesomeone - I will be using my ice cream maker again today!

kitchenflavours ans jude: Thanks guys!

Srimathi - I was really touched by the award! Thank you!

sharon and kevin - thanks!
hannah - I just have to take the pics and post it - nothing like doing it all at the last minute!