Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blueberry Tart



It is that time of the week again. I know, it has been really hot here and my colleagues looked at me like I have lost my marbles when I said that I was planning to turn on the oven Monday night. But I did not mind as I love blueberry anything!

I decided to make a tart instead of a double crusted pie. I made a lovely cake and iced it on Sunday for Brad's birthday ( and sent the rest of the cake to his office on Monday) and did not feel like eating another huge dessert on Monday night..but we did anyway, resistance is futile when it comes to dessert in my house.

The pastry was easy enough - I used my food processor to make the pie crust and it turned out nice and flaky. I really liked the filling - it had the right amount of sweetness and a bit of lemon juice and zest to brighten it up. I could have had a whole bowl of the filling. Sorry guys - no recipe today as the group decided not to publish any of Dorie's recipe. I know - I have published her recipe in the past but since this as TWD event I will have to honour the rules of the group.

I served it with whipped cream and it hit the spot. Or serve it warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream - make it a large scoop!

17 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

That's a beautiful tart - my friends always think I'm nuts for baking in the summer too!

Prudy said...

Gorgeous tart-and I couldn't help but scroll down and wish for your cherry tomato salad. OOH-wouldn't that be a nice meal together.

Peter M said...

I want a slab NOW...please!

Pamela said...

mmmmmm...that tart looks really good! Nice job.

Steph said...

I like the tart style blueberry pie. Less crust, less fat!

Marilyn said...

What a lovely tart! Your TasteSpotting photo prompted a quick click and a drooling reaction. Beautifully done!

GirlCanBake said...

There are blueberries all over blog land!!! I love the look of this tart... purple and yummy!

Maya said...

engineer baker - I know..I also can tomatoes in the summer!

prudy - they would be good together! Thanks.

pater m, pamela - thanks!

steph - yes and it does not feel to "heavy" if you know what I mean.

marilyn and girlcabake - glad you came!

Kevin said...

That blueberry tart looks good!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Maya, I have never made nor tried a blueberry tart. This is luscious!

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

Your tart looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

This was great!
B

Maya said...

Kevin & Patricia - Thanks guys!

mevrouw cupcake - Thank you!

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

Your tart is gorgeous. Great job!

Jude said...

Looks great. The pictures on your blog are amazing...

Maya said...

the queen of quite a lot & Jude - Thank you for the lovely comments. Jude - you should have seen some of my earlier pictures - I learned through lots trial and error.

Y said...

Gorgeous tart! I've been known to bake in the Summer too, but there are some days when I'm standing in the kitchen, sweat pouring down my face, wondering what the heck I'm doing!