Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Strawberry Tart

I made this tart for my first ever blog event. It is a well known fact that I am a fan of Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home To Yours. I bought the book some time back and found this site.

I decided to join this group and bake my way through the book. I missed out on the last week's French Brownie post.. I made the brownie and had some problem with Blogger when the time came to post, so I had to skip it.

The original recipe calls for a 9 inch tart, I decided to make mini tarts instead. I changed around a few things with this tart. I sprinkled orange blossom water over the fresh strawberries instead of fraise frambois/creme de cassis/kirsh as was suggested in the book. I made the sweet tart shell with freshly round pistachios.


This tart is quite lovely - the fresh stawberries used in the filling does not weigh you down in this summer heat! You could bake the tart shell even a few days ahead. I found the tart shell to be sturdy (and breaks into big shards when you try to eat it with a fork).


La Palette's Strawberry Tart adapted from Dorie Greenspan

1 - 9 inch sweet tart dough ( I made mine with pistachios)
1 qt organic strawberries
1 tb organic sugar
1 tb orange blossom water
strawberry jam

I made mini sweet tart shells and let it cool completely. I smothered strawberry jam that I had on hand on the bottom of the tart shell and set it aside.
Wash the strawberries and cut the top off . Half the berries, sprinkle sugar and orange blossom water over it.

Spoon the strawberries over the tart shells and serve immediately. You could serve it with some whipped cream or creme fraiche as suggested in the book. I served mine with a some chopped pistachio nuts. Makes 4 mini tarts or one 9 inch tart.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was de-lish, B

Susie Homemaker said...

Wow - that is great looking! Fantastic job!

Kevin said...

Your strawberry tarts look great!

Gretchen Noelle said...

I really love your photos. Welcome.

Rachel said...

Why didn't I think of Pistachios? tasty!

Rebecca said...

Wow, lovely pics. Great job!

Maya said...

Anonymous:
Glad you liked it.

Susie homemaker & Kevin:
Thank you!

Gretchen noelle:
Thanks! I usually take something like 80 pictures before I choose the one I like.

Rachel:
Pistachios really makes the crust sweet and richer tasting.

Maya said...

Thanks Rebecca!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Maya, you are an extraordinary addition to the group. Your tart looks adorable and I love it that you used pistachios!

Peabody said...

Your tart turned out lovely.

Peabody said...

Your tart turned out lovely.

likesprinkles said...

Your pictures are lovely!

Maya said...

Patricia:

I am going through a pistachio stage right now :)

Peabody:

Wow - this is something else.Your blog is one of my faves.

Like Sprinkles:
Thank YOu!!!

ostwestwind said...

Welcome, your mini tarts look gorgeous!

Ulrike from K├╝chenlatein

Zakia / The Frosted Bake Shop said...

Welcome, your tart looks great!

Shari said...

Orange blossom water and pistachios sound delicious with strawberries!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

Welcome aboard! I'd say you're off to a successful start with TWD!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Love the addition of pistachios! Looks great!

Kristen said...

Oh what a gorgeous tart!

Maya said...

TWD Members:

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to a long and loving relationship with TWD!

Jaime said...

orange blossom water - mmmm! beautiful tart!

you could have posted the brownies late; we try to post on tuesdays but sometimes things happen! welcome to TWD

Hannah said...

Wow, how beautiful. I would feel bad eating such a work of art!

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Especially the appellation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.